Transformational Ministries Inc, aim to assist orphans and other vulnerable children, living alone or in families with limited living means to help them to overcome the feeling of underestimation and grow up with a vision of becoming future leaders of their society. Though the government of Rwanda has initiated a free 12 years basic education program, this group of people cannot afford the cost of schooling children in either primary or senior schools. Transformational Ministries Inc has to do the following:
- Assist orphans and vulnerable children through education facilitation, and psychosocial support
- Inspire orphans and vulnerable children to become a good citizen through character education trainings, Gospel and fellowship, and counseling sessions for good academic performance
- Promote the wellbeing of orphans and vulnerable children through outreach programs to deeply understand and respond to their concerns.
- Providing education to orphans and vulnerable children is a great contribution to breaking the cycle of inter-generational poverty.
- Poor access to education is central to lack of realization other human rights such as the freedom of expression.
- Though primary education is free, many direct and indirect cost of schooling still have to be covered by parents and individual households, and inadequate funds for buying school materials remain a serious problem for some families living in poverty.
- Other limiting factors may become a barrier to orphans and vulnerable children to access primary education, including hunger, trauma, stigma and discrimination.